Makers and Takers: Available Now
About the Book
Eight years on from the biggest market meltdown since the Great Depression, the key lessons of the crisis of 2008 still remain unlearned — and our financial system is just as vulnerable as ever.
Many of us know that our government failed to fix the banking system after the subprime mortgage crisis. But what few of us realize is how the misguided financial practices and philosophies that nearly toppled the global financial system have come to infiltrate all American businesses, putting us on a collision course for another cataclysmic meltdown. more »
ORDER A COPY:
About the Author
Rana Foroohar is an assistant managing editor at Time and the magazine’s economics columnist. She also appears regularly on CNN as global economic analyst, covering the intersection of economics, business, politics and foreign affairs for both domestic and international operations.
In addition, Rana is an economic and political contributor at New York City’s public radio station WNYC and appears frequently on NPR, among others. Earlier, she spent 13 years at Newsweek as an economic and foreign affairs editor and a foreign correspondent covering Europe and the Middle East. more »
- The Financial World’s Rotten Culture Is Still a Threat—to All of Us
- Why the Wells Fargo Scandal Really Matters (Hint: It’s Not Just the Fraud)
- We’re Working Harder Than Ever, So Why Is Productivity Plummeting?
- 8 Questions With Joseph Stiglitz
- American Capitalism’s Great Crisis
TV & Radio
- The third presidential debate: The scorecard
- What Trump and Clinton Failed to Address (Fortune Live)
- The Trials and Tribulations of Wells Fargo (WNYC)
- Why Trump’s economic plan won’t work (CNN)
- The Sharing Economy: Charlie Rose (PBS)