Makers and Takers: Available Now
About the Book
Eight years on from the biggest market meltdown since the Great Depression, the key lessons of the crisis of 2008 still remain unlearned — and our financial system is just as vulnerable as ever.
Many of us know that our government failed to fix the banking system after the subprime mortgage crisis. But what few of us realize is how the misguided financial practices and philosophies that nearly toppled the global financial system have come to infiltrate all American businesses, putting us on a collision course for another cataclysmic meltdown. more »
ORDER A COPY:
About the Author
Rana Foroohar is an assistant managing editor at Time and the magazine’s economics columnist. She also appears regularly on CNN as global economic analyst, covering the intersection of economics, business, politics and foreign affairs for both domestic and international operations.
In addition, Rana is an economic and political contributor at New York City’s public radio station WNYC and appears frequently on NPR, among others. Earlier, she spent 13 years at Newsweek as an economic and foreign affairs editor and a foreign correspondent covering Europe and the Middle East. more »
- Why You Can’t Dismiss the Populism Behind the Brexit
- The Brexit Vote Means It’s Crunch Time for the Global Economy
- Hillary Clinton Just Delivered a Profound Economic Speech
- Microsoft’s Massive LinkedIn Deal Is a Sign of Something Dangerous
- American Capitalism’s Great Crisis
TV & Radio
- Could Brexit lead to the break-up of the UK?
- Disconnect between elite, public seen in UK and NYSE (CNN)
- Discussing Brexit and market volatility (CNN)
- Trump v. Clinton: Economic Policy (CNN)
- The Financialization of American Business (WBUR)